Leader as Coach;
Leading through Curiosity
Tuesday, June 14th
Meryl Moss, MPA, EMHL, ACC
Great leaders are great listeners. They are curious about the work, how it is organized and how employees and teams approach that work. They are open and willing to try new ideas and strategies to get the work done. Great leaders want to know and want to understand. This webinar will explore this coach mindset and techniques for you as a leader to get curious!
1) How do we shift our focus from being directive to being an open and curious leader?
2) How do we use management by wandering to truly understand the work?
3) How can we employ team meetings to identify obstacles that might get in the way of our employees accomplishing their tasks and then collectively develop solutions?
4) How do we shift our mindset from an expert/directive leader to one of a supportive coach? What does that look like?
5) What questions should we be asking our employees? Providers? Patients? Peers? To truly understand the current status of the work.
(Members Attend Free, Non-members $35.00)
I recently retired from a long career as a C-Suite Executive and do motivational speaking around different ways to lead. I am also a leadership and performance coach. I received my BA from Boston University in Economics, my MPA from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University and an Executive Master’s in Healthcare Leadership from Brown University. I have also received performance coaching training from Brown University and am a certified coach.
I spent my career trying to build an inclusive, mission-driven culture. I wanted employees to feel closely connected to the organization and proud to work there. I created an open environment where people could voice their opinions so that we could provide better and better care to patients. I led an extremely successful, nimble and innovative organization. Our outstanding success could not have been possible without a laser focused mission and extremely engaged and collaborative workforce
HOW TO JOIN THE WEBINAR: Please use the link provided in the confirmation email to complete your registration.
Continuing Education Units, CEU's:
Earn up to 1.0 continuing education unit hours for each hour of education from the ACMPE, American College of Medical Practice Executives. Our events are eligible for continuing education units as awarded by other professional associations. We recommend that you contact your professional association for their approval process.