Posted January 17, 2018
Location: Poconos, PA
- Not-for-profit, multi-campus IDS in Eastern PA
- Over 100 years old
- One of the largest systems in PA with over 13,000 individuals
- 7 hospitals
- One of the largest and most respected medical groups in the United States. It is a dyad leadership model which successfully pairs physician leaders with administrative leaders.
- 850 physicians and 350 advanced practice clinicians in over 200 practice locations. 47 medical specialties. Total FTEs 3,055, Support Staff 1,855
- 2 million visits annually across locations, Net collections $272,100,450 Total Expenses $444,134,830
- Growing, progressive, innovative group practice recognized nationally for clinical care and operational best practices.
Located in the beautiful Poconos resort area of Pennsylvania. While some live in the area, others live in Allentown, Reading or surrounding area. The Poconos are within 2 hours of Philadelphia and 1 ½ hours of NYC. There are many wonderful communities within an hour to meet almost any need.
- Multi-specialty group practice with approximately 80 physicians and 140 providers.
- The practice is located across 22 sites in the greater Pocono area.
Provides operational support to the SR. VP, President of Operations, Vice President, AAMD and Chair for directing and coordinating all administrative functions.
- Areas of responsibility include, finance, strategic planning, business plan development, marketing, advancement of clinical division services.
- Provides leadership in practice support areas of pre-authorization, scheduling and access, scribes program, LEAN, HR policies and procedures, medical records, ICD-10 implementation, patient satisfaction, data intelligence.
- This position will mentor and lead several direct reports, practice administrators and managers.
As part of the senior management council of the Network, sets and promotes the vision, mission and values of the Group and the Network.
- Operational authority for designated service lines.
- Takes part in planning and setting strategic direction of the Group. Form and set short and long-term goals, processes, outcomes and budgets for assigned areas.
- Serves on community and civic boards related to health issues positively representing the Network.
- Works with other leaders to achieve and maintain high levels of patient satisfaction.
- Works with department and division leaders to achieve quality measures, efficiency targets, patient satisfaction targets, and patient safety standards.
- Monitors cost-effective allocation of human resources and holds staff accountable to achieve targets and budget parameters.
- Develops business plans for proposed new programs, equipment and services.
Minimum of seven years’ experience in operations management of a complex healthcare environment, ideally a medical practice. 10 years preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Visionary with strong strategy, planning and execution skills.
- Experience in market share growth.
- Emphasis on quality of care, innovation, and application of LEAN principles to achieve cost efficiencies.
- Background in effectively building teams and mentoring.
- History of successful collaboration with physician leaders in a dyad system. Need to show success in leading collaboratively with physicians.
- High emotional intelligence and social skills to interact positively with a wide range of staff, clinicians, board members, consumers, elected officials, press, and community leaders.
- Analytical abilities to understand complex computer and accounting systems and programs, resolve difficult problems, and manage financial programs of considerable scope.
Master degree in relevant health industry discipline or closely related field.
Unique highlights of the position:
Nationally recognized by US News and World Report and Health Grades as one of the top systems in the country.
- Known for impressive clinical quality.
- Leading edge system, not a follower. Regularly contacted to share their stories of success and trend setting.
- Highly collaborative administrative leadership with physician leadership in an authentic dyad system. The physician leaders in this system truly “get it” and are outstanding partners. Unlike nearby metropolitan areas, this system offers a unique situation where non-physician leaders have equality of leadership.
- Advancement and excellent career growth potential in a top ranked system.
Joining this system is a positive career growth opportunity offering a one of a kind collaborative leadership opportunity in a leading-edge system.
Contact Melissa McCartie at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your resume or seek additional information.