The Legislative Committee of New York MGMA encourages you to participate at the annual MSSNY [Medical Society of the State of New York] Physician’s Advocacy Day to be held on March 4, 2020. This is an excellent opportunity for you to speak out for your patients and physicians on issues and policies that matter to you.
During this day, you will be given the tools you need to meet with your state legislator(s) and discuss bills under consideration. You are invited to schedule one-on-one encounters which will allow you to encourage Senators and Assembly members to support legislation which is crucial to your practice and beneficial to the patients you serve. Download a copy of the MSSNY Legislative Program.
This year’s event will be held at the Lewis Swyer Theater at The Egg in Albany from 8:00 AM to 12 PM, followed by a catered lunch. In the early afternoon, you can meet with your State Senator and your State Assembly representative and / or their staff members who handle healthcare issues.
• Do I or do the doctors in my practice need to be a member of MSSNY to participate? No, you do not. Our voices are heard better while in large numbers.
• What is the legislative agenda for MSSNY in 2020? Avoiding Medicaid cuts, Medical liability reform, health insurance reform, and quality of care are some of the issues detailed in the 2020 MSSNY Legislative Program. Download a copy of the MSSNY Legislative Program.
• Does my voice really matter? Yes, it does! As a result of previous Advocacy Days, state legislators have supported bills we championed and opposed bills which caused undue burden on physician practices.
• Will this one Advocacy Day event create change? Advocacy is a marathon. For long-term impact, you must continue to meet and speak with state legislators. In order to effect positive change, they need the facts and figures which we can provide them.
• How do I find out who my legislators are? Here are three sites which you can use to find your legislators. Simply enter your home or work address: OpenStates; New York State Senate; New York State Assembly.
• Where is The Egg? The Egg is within the Empire State Plaza in Albany, NY. Please note: Putting “The Egg” or “Empire State Plaza” into GPS or other mapping systems will not necessarily bring you to The Egg. We suggest taking Route 787 and exit at the “Empire Plaza.”
New York Medical Group Management Association, Inc.EP II 11350 McCormick Road, Suite 904 Hunt Valley, MD. 21031P: 410-527-0780 E: firstname.lastname@example.org© 2015 - 2020 New York Medical Group Management Association, Inc.